Haylage is a semi wilted mildly fermented forage. The process involved, results in better bioavailability and utilisation of energy and protein as well as the respiratory benefits associated with feeding a forage with a negligible spore count.
Haylage Bale Size
In 2011 we adopted a new bale size with new bales approx 45% greater in volume than the old size.
The reason for the change was driven by several factors not least the fact that our usual size baler is no longer available to buy. Other factors include;
- A more efficient size bale to wrap therefore reducing plastic usage.
- Greater weight per pallet making a more efficient package to transport.
- Easier separation of flakes due to pre-chamber on the baler.
- Larger field capacity increasing the ability to harvest more product on a given day in the optimum conditions.
- Width 80cm
- Lenghth 120cm
- Height 70cm
- Weight 225/250kgs(approx)
- On Pallet 6 bales
The bales are palletized with 6 bales on a pallet.
The greater efficiencies involved in moving to this size of bale will help to keep price increases to a minimum.
Each bale is individually wrapped and then the whole pallet is capped and wrapped again which means the whole delivery can be stored outside in all weathers thereby freeing up indoor storage.
Eurobale is pleased to launch, after extensive trialling last year, its new Multipack system. Multipack is made from the same grasses as standard Eurobale product, but is packaged in a totally innovative way.
There are five main types of EuroBale:
- GOLD is made from first cut, first year seeds rye grasses
- SILVER is made from first cut but usually from grasses in their second or third harvest year
- TIMOTHY is a traditional long coarse grass, known for its palatability and distinctive ‘nose’
- COUNTRY MIX is a mixture of Rye grass and Timothy. It is a very palatable coarse mix that is favoured by some studs and trainers
- Rye is the more economically priced EuroBale and is particularly suitable for riding schools, livery yards and light competition yards