Developing a feed program for the Stud to help ensure healthy, fit brood mares and well grown but not overtopped young stock with good bone involves combining good pasture, excellent preserved grass for the winter months and a balanced concentrate feed to complement forage.
EuroBale is used by an increasing number of top studs as their preferred source of preserved grass for several key reasons:
- Haylage is a high dry matter, mildly fermented forage with consistent, confirmed nutrient analysis, determined before purchase to ensure protein, energy, fibre and minerals are at levels to complement to rest of the feeding regime
- Haylage has high levels of retained vitamins(unlike hay where vitamin levels deteriorate during storage), which are of great benefit to early foaling mares when the weather may prevent access to fresh pasture.
- EuroBale’s controlled fermentation results in a natural inhibition of the moulds and spores widely found in hay. These very low spore counts are vital in managing mares with COPD and help reduce the likelihood of young animals developing allergic respiratory syndrom.
- Haylage is digestible and palatable, making it suitable for foals, weanlings and yearlings, as well as brood mares.
- Haylage is an excellent source of digestible fibre to provide condition for yearlings during sales preparation, when feeding high levels of cereals.
Advice and backup is available from experienced staff and nutritionists to help with specific feeding queries.
Typical Nutrient Analysis of EuroBale for Studs. Dry Matter Basis
|Dry Matter||64-69 %|
|Crude Protein||7 – 12 %|
|MAD Fibre||34-40 %|
|NDF(Cell wall contents)||55-65 %|
|Estimated Digestible Energy||7.5-10 MJ/kg|
|Copper||4.0 – 10 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||10-20 iu/kg|
|Vitamin B||1-3 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B||6-9 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B||3-6 mg/kg|